A Goal without a Plan is just a wish…
My formal plan to begin in February giving me January to start building up my load. I have been reading the Ironfit book by Don and Melanie Fink and it will be my plan going into this year. I really want to eventually join a team or training group but this will at least get me going until I know how my body will respond to all this work. Sounds straight forward and easy enough right?
First week of January was a little crazy but the goal was to get back to normal as most of the kids have left the house to go back to their homes.
- Monday – I tried to get my bike set up but nothing seemed to be working
likeI had hoped.
- Tuesday – Yoga
- Wednesday – Swimming
- Thursday – Strength (
Liift4 Shoulders) and about 20 min of cycling
- Friday – Yoga
- Saturday – rest
- Sunday – rest
So coming off Week 1 I was feeling like I’d started to build on my swimming – my plan was almost done and I was ready to start digging a little deeper.
- Monday – Yoga
- Tuesday – rest – lots of design work on plate
- Wednesday – Swim
- Thursday – rest
- Friday- Sunday nothing
What happened to me this week? Ever have that kind of week where the best laid plans just didn’t happen. We had a very cold week and that doesn’t always equate to best workout week for me. Plus its the week before my IV treatment which is also not usually the best week. I need to figure out how to train through that. Best thing of the week was my swim again. This week however I made the length of the pool without thinking I was going to drown or losing my breath or changing my stroke.
Started this week in the IV chair. Time for my monthly meds – catching up with my nurses and cheer on my friends running the Dopey Challenge this weekend. Reminds me of what I felt like last year at this time.
- Monday – IV Treatment
- Tuesday – still wiped from treatment
- Wednesday – Swim
- Thursday & Friday – rest
- Saturday – Cycling 30 min totally frustrated trying to get Zwift to work with everything. Realized I needed another piece of tech to get things to talk to each other.
- Sunday rest
Plan is in place – I feel like my gear is set up – time to test my body and see how I do with a week of the plan.
- Monday – Barre – should have also swimmed but I knew it was going to be tough this week so I left it at barre which kicks my ass.
- Tuesday – Total Body Chisel, Running 45 min
- Wednesday – Swimming 40 min Cycle 45 min Run 15 min
- Thursday – Running 30 min
- Friday – Total Body Hammer, Swimming 40 min
- Friday night noticed Lupus rash – started feeling bad. Slept 11 hours 23 min
- Sat and Sun – totally exhausted – Lupus really kicking my ass now.
Well what did I learn – too much to fast. After I get over this flare that is the plan. My plans not bad but i need to have more rest and really take my time on the build up – this is exactly why I haven’t signed up for that race that I was considering yet. Still need to get to where I can actually train consistently without a flare.
Final four days of the month consisted of a lot of sleep and yoga. Luckily I could take the rest I needed and avoid steriods. I started feeling more like myself mid week.
Things I can improve on next month – more water – I’m still not getting it all in, better progression of efforts. Things I did great this month – taking my vitamins, getting rest when I needed it and eating well.
Here is my garmin view of my calendar – and my bullet journal spreads. I actually lost weight and inches this month which was a great outcome also!
I had a great start all things considered this month. A flare after such a hard week wasn’t totally unexpected – but it showed me the line that I need to be aware of, that I need to push out and keep moving as I add on. That line may be at only so many hours now – but in a month it will be much further.